Dr. Tim Aubry is a Full Professor in the School of Psychology and Senior Researcher at the Centre for Research on Educational and Community Services at the University of Ottawa. He is currently holder of the Faculty of Social Sciences Research Chair in Community Mental Health and Homelessness. Over the course of his career, Dr. Aubry has collaborated on research projects with community organizations and government at all levels, contributing to the development of effective social programs and policies. He was a Member of the National Research Team and the Co-Lead of the Moncton site in At Home / Chez Soi Demonstration Project of the Mental Health Commission of Canada.  In 2013, he received the Contribution to Evaluation in Canada award from the Canadian Evaluation Society.  He is a Fellow of the Canadian Psychological Association and the Society for Community Research and Action (Division 27 of the American Psychological Association).  Dr. Aubry teaches graduate courses at the University of Ottawa in community psychology and program evaluation.

Answers from Tim Aubry

It's going to depend on the community in which you are living. My suggestion would be to check in with the local branch of the Canadian Mental Health Association. You can locate your nearest branch here. In my experience, they are knowledgeable about what supports are available for your client group.

Answered byTim Aubry ,February 28, 2020

I would suggest two things:

1.) Access the booklet on adapting Housing First for Indigenous clients. 

2.) Consult with Winnipeg Housing First providers by contacting Betty Edel - bedel@endhomelessnesswinnipeg.ca

Thank you for your question. 

Answered byTim Aubry ,December 12, 2019

Ask an Expert

Please read the full terms and conditions.