Get ready to check your knowledge of section I.
1. According to the typology of youth homelessness prevention, HF4Y is an example of which type of prevention approach?
a) Structural Prevention
b) Systems Prevention
c) Early Intervention
d) Housing Stabilization
e) All of the above.
The correct answer is: d) Housing Stabilization.
2. True or False. According to a 2018 survey of homeless youth, the majority of young people had their first experience of homelessness before age 25.
The correct answer is: True.
3. Housing First was designed for use with chronically homeless adults. Why is this important?
a) Models that have been designed for adults may not be as effective with young people.
b) Both young people and adults have similar needs when it comes to housing and support.
c) Housing First has a positive impact on housing stability for adults.
The correct answer is: a) Models that have been designed for adults may not be as effective with young people.
4. True or False. Adults experiencing homelessness are more likely to couch-surf than youth.
The correct answer is: b) False.
How did you do?
Aim for a score of 4/4. If you answered 1 or more question wrong, you may want to go back and reread this section or review the main takeaways below.
- We need to shift from an emergency response to prevention of youth homelessness.
- Any length of time in homelessness puts young at risk of harm. Young people are waiting too long help.
- The goal of HF4Y is to support young people who are experiencing homelessness to find and maintain housing. When youth do experience homelessness, they are supported to return to housing as rapidly as possible with the supports they need.